Journey to McKaden
I know you all sign on for the great pictures of McKaden, but I (Mark) haven't written in awhile, so I wanted to chime in. It's weird to already seeing her outgrow things, getting tired of old toys and books, etc. But it is awesome to see her learn and develop in so many ways. As you know, McKaden's middle name is Joy. We are amazed every day how she brings joy to people we run across. We were at the state tournament and there was a worker who had some physical disabilities. McKaden walked right up to him, said hi, blew some kisses and was really interested in what he had to say. As we walked away and she blew kisses, the smile and tears in his eyes were priceless.
McKaden and Lori are two buddies. She loves her "mama" so much and they learn so much everyday. This whole experience of participating with Lori as a parent has made me love her in a deeper way. Lori is a patient, loving, fun, and unselfish mom. It probably surprises no one, but it is amazing to watch them together. As for myself, I can't wait to get home and see them both. I can't tell you how much it means to see her smile, asked to be picked up, and then just pat me on the back several times while saying "dad". She genuinely seems most happy when we're all together as a family. Thanks for all your prayers and the many ways so many of you participated to bring this bundle of joy (and attitude sometimes) into our life.
1 comment:
she sounds(and looks) like an adorable little girl. I can't wait to meet her! Miss you Uncle Mark and Aunt Lori!give Mac a big hug and a kiss from me.
Post a Comment