Monday, March 15, 2010

So long and good night



A few weeks ago we heard that they were going to close the night exhibit at the zoo. When I told McKaden the tears just welled up in her eyes - this is her favorite. I told her that they were closing it but the animals would find new homes - some at a new zoo and some would stay. We made the the pilgrmiage - along with the rest of Seattle - to go say good by to our little friends.


The thing that was so funny about this is WHERE did these people come from? We are often the only ones who take time to see this exhibit. I have to admit I felt like they were imposters, sneaking into the night exhibit, pretending they love the bats and amradillo's as much as we do. After a 45 minute wait to get in - and just in time! - we said good by to Army the armidillo and his friends.

4 comments:

sara said...

I can hear the taps playing already...

Unknown said...

so sad, that was my favorite exhibit too....but Kyle did not like it very much.

Anonymous said...

Funny--my girls could take or leave it. So sorry for you guys, but so glad you got to go say 'good bye'! :)
Missy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.