Tuesday, May 06, 2008

McKaden's Garden

McKaden has been studying in school about seeds and flowers. She really has an interest in them and wanted to plant a garden. I am not known for my green thumb - I am afraid that my mother took all of that [she has a yard to die for] and she passed a little on to my sister - it skipped me. Every year I have herbs and a small salad garden, along with flowers, but that is it. I don't really take time to plan things out and most things seed or die before the end of the summer - and I just don't care. Anyhow, McKaden seems to have the green thumb from Nana and wants to see what she can do. We took a couple of hours and had a "girls day" and went out to lunch, planned her garden and bought a few supplies [along with a few phone calls to Nana]. I will let you know how it goes - of course now we just need to get things planted. Maybe this will save me from going to the farmers market on Thursday's this summer .... nahh... I love that too much! And where else can you get those GIANT bouquets of flowers for five bucks!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.