Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy CNY!

Gung Hay Fat Choy - may prosperity be with you!



It is time for Chinese New Year festivities and we decided we should participate more this year. The kids had Chinese New Year parties at school and I volunteered to help with the one in McKaden's class. It was really a lot of fun getting to do this and share some of the culture of our children's motherland. Wednesday evening we celebrated at home with a fun meal, homemade dragon decorations and lanterns. We talked about China and our love for the country and the people. When the evening was done I asked McKaden why we celebrate Chinese New Year when we did not live in China. After a moment to think, she said - "I have no idea." SO back to the drawing board I go.

2 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Those are absolutely beautiful pics. McKaden looks so cute in the blue with her hair pulled up.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I love McKaden's truthfulness. I can just hear her saying that too! Miss you guys. Max had nothing to say?

Linda