Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Takes after Nana

For her birthday my mom got McKaden her own Amaryllis bulb to plant. Mom and McKaden have a special bond over gardens and bugs - a passion that I don't share with them:) McKaden made a chart and recorded the progress of her plant, often calling Nana to let her know how it was doing.



This is how you do this - you take it out of the box.



You put on your Dora garden gloves and plant the bulb in the provided dirt. After you plant it you put it in a sunny spot and give it some water.



Every few days you write down on your chart how much it has grown - even when it is taller than you are!!



And when it breaks off the bulb, because it is SO big and heavy, you take a picture to send to Nana.




(and McKaden wants me to add the end of the story - "and then you throw it away".)

6 comments:

Connie J said...

If only I could be so patient :) Beautiful flower, McKaden!

Marlys&Rick said...

Fun! I just got into our garden yesterday to plant some tulip bulbs that should have been planted in the fall. I think McKaden is the better gardener!

Jessica Henson Cagley said...

I second that, I killed my amaryllis in a box. :-) She is such a talented gardener!

Jess

April said...

McKaden you have the talented I so do not have. Beautiful flower, I wish I had a green thumb, in fact I would even take a green pinky...... Nice joy McKaden!

Melissa said...

Funny--I'm laughing so hard at her last comment! But can you send her over here when Spring pops? I need some advice. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.