Thursday, April 24, 2008

Picture This

Yesterday at the library McKaden asked if she could move and sit near the front. I told her that she could go and soon Max asked, in Chinese, if he could go too [see I understand Chinese now too!]. Before I knew it McKaden had wrapped her arm around Max and had pulled him close. Max wrapped his arm around her and they sat there together and listened to the story. Every mother in the place sighed ... I cried.

McKaden has really taken on the big sister role this week. She has been very loving to Max and has even been seen trying to mother him - wiping his nose, putting on his shoes and reasoning with him. Before she left the car, to go into school, she gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek - that is the big sister we have been waiting for.

So the only one who holds these pictures is me, and they are locked away in my memory. Remind me to pull them out when things are not so rosey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the sweetest thing! Wish I could've seen it too. See you soon!
Linda