Well, it is finally (and quickly) here. . .we are up at 4:30 tomorrow and off for a long time of travel. We will gain almost a day as we travel, even though it will take us something like 15 hours to get home. Can't say I'm looking forward to being trapped in an plane seat tomorrow. . .by the way, what size person DOES actually fit comfortably in that space!
This is Mark tonight, often we have co-written these blogs here from China and Lori almost always does them from home. I just want to brag on my wonderful wife. It is truly with so much of her labor and love we were able to bring Max home. She did a truly amazing job seeing the paperwork, financial piece. . .well, just about everything if I am to be honest. You all know her to be a very organized, put together person. This is true, but she is also a very great mom and our kids both love her like crazy (as do I). Her hard work and diligence resulted in our final piece coming together as Max got sworn in and has his Chinese passport and can now leave the country.
Adding Max to our family has been awesome and also challengin as any parent can attest to. As the week has progressed he has become more and more free to be himself and seems pretty comfortable in our family. He laughs a lot and there is no way not to smile when he breaks out that crooked tooth, dimpled laugh. He gets frustrated easily and complains/cries loudly when he is upset or doesn't get his way. He also calms right down immediately. He is rough and curious and a crazed button pusher. Sometimes already those buttons are are nerves, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We already love him like we've known him forever. It is hard to wonder what he is thinking in his quiet moments. . .tonight after he went to bed, it wasn't his customary routine. I've spent about 10 hours this week laying in bed, listening to him jabber, sing at the top of his lungs, yell and laugh, etc. until he finally goes to bed. But tonight I heard him sniffling and when I went to see what was up he was just fighting back tears; that definitely isn't his style. In that moment I was reminded that although I'm sure he is having fun and feeling very loved and right in the middle of everything; there has to be a huge sense of loss and wonder if that could happen again. . . Even in this wonderful event and time, there is still a lot to be said for the tremendous change in his life, habits, and relationships as well. I'm definitely rambling, but you can all pray for Max and his process.
Thanks for keeping up with our journey, we have very much enjoyed hearing from people. We'll see you on the other side of the big pond!!
8 comments:
Can't wait to see the "terrific twosome" in motion! Hope to see you all on spring break. Hope Lori continues to get better! Good luck on the flight...you better have lots of tricks up your sleeves for those two! Miss you!
Linda, Jeff and Gunnar
We have enjoyed following your journey - last time we were with you Congratulations Palma & Sal
and Annarose
What an amazing journey! Max is adorable! And you are both wonderful, these two little ones are very lucky to have the two of you as parents!! The two of you helped to make me the mother that I am, showing me kindness, and always lending your advice through the difficult High School years! Good Luck to all of you as you adjust to the new family!! Love you, Shawna, Greg, Hunter and Braylen
I think it's really great that you both are so attuned to what Max is experiencing. While he appears to be having a lot of fun, this I'm sure is a complex transition for him. I'm sure he is experiencing a range of emotions and may have more times where he fights back some tears or just lets them go. I'm sure McKaden's presence helps a ton. Have a safe journey home! You are now officially HEIN PARTY OF FOUR! -Marlys
good luck on the flight home! Having survived it myself, I know what you are in for!
Take care and know we are praying for you to have a safe, relaxing and uneventful flight home!
good luck on the flight home! Having survived it myself, I know what you are in for!
Take care and know we are praying for you to have a safe, relaxing and uneventful flight home!
Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye at the airport. Before I knew we were off the plane & headed to our gate. Hope the trip home went well. Hudson had his moments. Last night was a hard first night at home. He woke up quite a few times, I think he was pretty confused. It is wonderful to be back with Ravenna & they are getting along well. Playing, not sharing, kissing, you know how it goes. Well we shall keep in touch by email & things. Have a great week home & get some rest!
The Byrd's
Lori~
I've been thinking about you guys all day, wondering how Max did on the flights. We felt so bad for him as we were waiting in GZ. Hope you guys made it home ok and are ready to begin the real journey! It was a blessing to travel with you and spend time with your family. We love you guys!
Post a Comment