Monday, November 14, 2005

Funny things

Where do I start ... first of all the hairdryer in the bathroom is so wimpy that I cannot dry my hair. That explains my hair in every picture. It reminds me of my Dad's hair dryer ... my family is laughing now!
Next thing is that Mac likes her do-do [the pronunciation of that is doe as in do, a deer] which is what her cousin Gunnar calls his blankey [it is a cloth diaper]. Good thing that he left some at our house and we brought them with us. As soon as she has that in her hand, she puts her two fingers in her mouth and relaxes.
Next is Mark buying formula at the store and asking Lily, our guide, how much you put in the bottle. She explained that it is one scoop to each ounce of water. Mark looked at the size of the package and told me that this package would only make one bottle! I was trying to figure out what he was talking about when I realized he thought the scoop was one like you make coffee with, or kool-aid!! When we explained to him that the scoop for formula was really small, we all just laughed at him ... we are both learning SO much.
Keep the comments coming! We love hearing from you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to Mark & Lori: Funny anecdotes should include pictures! ;)

Anonymous said...

If it helps you feel better Mark, Bryce STILL asks me how many scoops per ounces! :)
Claire needs her blankie (me-me), too...although it's wise of you to use the cloth diaper (you can have replacements handy). We panic every time we can't find the blankie and sleep time is approaching. You never know what they will decide to pick for their "lovey". Sweet stories of your new discoveries.

linspax said...

I have no cute baby advice to add for you guys, but I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You guys, this blog is already such a treasure. I know you're not a scrapbooker, Lori, but you might just have to start - or at least print all of this out to put in her baby book. The little discoveries of first-time parenthood are so scary and magical all at once. You guys are doing great, and we're so happy that you're sharing it with us.
And, wow - she's walking already! Mark, does this mean she's an athlete? ;)
Phil, Anne and Katie (who LOVES the pictures of Baby McKaden!)