Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Trip to Shamian Island






Today we went to Shamian Island. This is normally where we would have stayed. It is a portion of the city that caters to adoptive families and where some of the process is completed. The White Swan is the famous hotel that almost all of families in our situation usually stay. They were sold out due to some type of convention this week, so we are at the Garden Hotel in a different part of Guang Zhou. It was also fun to go to a market today. It was an awesome cultural experience and we visited a part of the market that specialized in toy sales. It was fun. Lori thinks McKaden wore herself out shopping; I'm inclined to think she got bored with shopping. We spent a better part of the afternoon playing with Mac in our room. Much to my chagrine we taught her how to kick the ball while we are running around holding her hand. . .we need to keep her away from soccer as long as possible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! PICTURES! Brian & Linda will be so pleased, ok, and me too! I love your perspectives Mark! And I agree about SOCCER! She is adorable, it has been said but stands to be said again - AMAZING! What are you doing to me... Brian will have the paperwork done in a heartbeat!

PS. Love the commercials you guys have provided...or are those courtesy Linda?

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely adorable! I'll miss you at group today, but can't wait to meet her.

Congratulations! (Sue H)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Mark holding McKaden. She looks so comfortable and happy. What a beautiful girl. I am so happy for you and glad that you are enjoying your trip. Have a safe flight home!
Love Hanna

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! Seeing the pictures of you holding your daughter makes me think that all the time of waiting for her to be born is but a moment.
Blessings and peace on all 3 of you.
your little buddy Marie T.

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother, soccer steals your soul. Bradie is offically banned from soccer. I am so happy for you folks; we miss you. By the way, you must be very popular because you have an anonymous poster spamming your blog!

Marcus and Sara

Anonymous said...

Yay! WE LOVE THE PICTURES! How sweet are the three of you...

Anonymous said...

It's strange - she actually looks like both of you!! Of course with just a little Chinese twist :)

You all look so happy..and because of that we are so happy too!

The Dawson family (again!)